Raising a child is one of the most important and most difficult jobs a person can have. If your child presents a behavior management challenge, has a developmental disorder or exhibits a mental health issue, parenting is downright daunting!
Specialized parenting demands extraordinary skills, stamina, creativity and unconditional love. Going the distance (or even being ready to face the next day!) requires diligent self-care. In the case of a two-parent household, specialized parenting is typically a tremendous strain on the couple relationship and must be supported by prioritizing and intentional nurturing of the couple relationship.
Parents that survive, overcome and thrive have a strong support system drawn from family, friends, and professionals. They arrange breaks through respite providers in order to rest, refresh and renew their bodies, souls and spirits.
As part of your support system, Jean will help you:
- strategize for successful behavior management
- learn more about your child’s condition
- develop an effective self-care plan
- beef up your support system
- and identify patterns of thinking or acting that hinder you in accomplishing desired changes.
With 34 years of specialized parenting experience (including many of the challenges listed below), Jean understands. She will stand by you and cheer you on!
Parent coaching or family counseling is advisable when your child demonstrates characteristics of:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mild Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Mood Disorder
- Attachment Issues
- Having been abused in any way, or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- High-conflict relationships or Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Difficult-to-manage behavior